Cry Havoc Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Havoc Gaming

This is a forum to discuss any happenings at Cry Havoc Gaming. A way for players to communicate with each other and with the store in a fast and easy fashion.

+5
Admin
TimicusPryme
AmAzOnEsS
Phil
Terraling
9 posters

Board Games

Mike G
    Mike G
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 49

Board Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Board Games

Post by Mike G Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 am

no problem, still on leave but in the area. weekends are best time to get a game in. i'm excited to get an intro on race to galaxy.

hopefully the wife has nothing planned. if not, i'll drop by on sunday to say hello to the rest of the crew.
    Mike G
    Mike G
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Mike G Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 am

Played five games of Pandemic this weekend with some of my co-workers. Since they are non-gamers (aside from video games) they enjoyed this one. Everyone had fun even though we lost the first three games.

Got this from CH and Pat held it for me. Thanks Pat! All fun was had.

I've been on the board gaming bug lately, so expect to see more recorded sessions from me. However, I don't have plans on writing in-depth reviews and sessions just yet, but maybe sometime in the future. I'm still working on my coworkers to hopefully open their minds up to boardgaming. So far so good.

Sessions played with them so far are:
    Ticket to Ride
    Pandemic

Agricola/Puerto Rico too soon? lol...

I would still like to make my way down to the shop on a weekend. I don't think we have plans for Saturday so I'm looking forward to drop by.

I'm not sure if there is DND going on but I like to get a couple sessions of boardgaming in. I have these games that I've yet to play.
    I have the following that I can bring:

Battlestar Galactica
    Agricola
    Race to the Galaxy
    Alhambra
    Puerto Rico
    Dominion
    Twilight Struggle

Tim, if you got any xp with these games, I'd love for you to teach me and others.

Mike G
    Phil
    Phil
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 97

Post by Phil Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 am

hey i've got and play dominion and race for the galaxy, so i'm down to play anytime, preferably race for the galaxy, on account of how awesome it is.
    i'd be interested in playing acricola or puerto rico sometime, also battlestar galactica, just shout out on here or see me around the store, ask pat and tracy to point me out, i'm quite often there
    Terraling
    Terraling
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 9

Board Games - Page 2 Empty Board and Card Gaming

Post by Terraling Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:22 am

I'm down for board gaming on most of the weekends. I work nights so Saturday is best for me. I a small collection of games and am more than willing to play most of them (as long as my wife and kids don't have me Volun-told for something else). Just let me know when you plan on doing it. I'll show up and play,even if it is only for one or two games.

(<>..<>)
    Mike G
    Mike G
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Mike G Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 am

Phil/Terraling,

Saturday is good for me. Got it approved with the wife/kids so I'll be there. What time should we all meet? Anyone else down to get a game in?

Phil, do you have all the expansions for Race for the Galaxy? Looking forward to meeting you all.

Pat,
    I'll remember to bring my L5R deck and take a stab at your Spider Clan. The Crane's blade shall strike true and purge the corrupted from all of Rogukan.

New games on the way... Arriving next week.

Galaxy Trucker
    Kingsburg
    Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm (expansion)

Can't wait.
    Mike G
    AmAzOnEsS
    AmAzOnEsS
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 85

Post by AmAzOnEsS Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am

Bobbikins wrote:i liked fluxx sober. so, go suck eggs.

and yeah, i guess there is some strat...but you say you win at games and I have never seen you win one. Smile ((challenge))

i overlooked a very important detail the first time i read this in my haste to insult phil lol jk...but bobbi, i really dont think you can say suck eggs to anyone that isnt me, i may be wrong we'd have to ask pat about that one lol
    Phil
    Phil
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Phil Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:32 am

Mike G wrote:Phil/Terraling,

Saturday is good for me. Got it approved with the wife/kids so I'll be there. What time should we all meet? Anyone else down to get a game in?

Phil, do you have all the expansions for Race for the Galaxy? Looking forward to meeting you all.

cool, i'll get there whenever i wake up, hopefully around 10ish, but i've got a game around 1 so we might only have time for a game or two.

and nope, no expansions yet. i definitely plan on getting them at some point. base game is still fun to me now though
    TapatioMan
    TapatioMan
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 19

Post by TapatioMan Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 am

yeah i agree with bobbi, some ppl need to get together for another game of diplomacy = FTW
    Terraling
    Terraling
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 9

Post by Terraling Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm

On Saturday January 23rd, I'd like to get together to game. I have Race (with both Expansions) but it has been a while since I played. I also have Le Havre, but have never had a group get together and actually play. I'm also a huge fan of Dominion, and would like that one too.
    Phil
    Phil
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Phil Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Terraling wrote:On Saturday January 23rd, I'd like to get together to game. I have Race (with both Expansions) but it has been a while since I played. I also have Le Havre, but have never had a group get together and actually play. I'm also a huge fan of Dominion, and would like that one too.

Sounds good man, I'll see you there. I'd be down for any of those, I've never played La Havre.
    Mike G
    Mike G
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Mike G Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:08 pm

i stopped by the shop last saturday but everyone i knew there was either painting, wow ccg, or involved in alpha omega campaign. today, i promised the wife that i'd take her to get decorations for my daughter's 2yr old party next saturday. sigh... isn't the painting due today? i'm dropping by to drop of my entry.

La Havre sounds fun. Would it be easier if we set a time in about a week's advance?

got more games in the mail....

galaxy truckers and big expansion
    citadels and expansion

Mike G
    Mike G
    Mike G
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Mike G Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm

also looking for... "through the ages"