Cry Havoc Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Havoc Gaming

This is a forum to discuss any happenings at Cry Havoc Gaming. A way for players to communicate with each other and with the store in a fast and easy fashion.

2 posters

Board Games - Thursday 9/10

TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Experience : 757

Board Games - Thursday 9/10 Empty Board Games - Thursday 9/10

Post by TimicusPryme Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Davina and I picked up a bunch of new games at the Convention last weekend. We are probably gonna be at the shop tonight (9/10) to try them out. Come on up, if there is room, and try them out. Better yet PM me if interested.

If plans change I'll post it here.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Board Games - Thursday 9/10 Empty Re: Board Games - Thursday 9/10

Post by TimicusPryme Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 am

Thursday night Kyle (Nurgle), Davina (Slaanesh) and I (Tzeentch) tried out the new game I picked up at Cry Havoc - Fantasy Flight Games Chaos in the Old World.

The game itself was simple to learn (we only had two rules gaffs in the first turn) but involved enough strategy to keep the game interesting. The game represents the four major powers of Chaos' attempt to corrupt the Old World of Warhammer fame. The game has an interesting timing mechanic that has the game automatically end after 7-8 turns. If this happens, all the players lose as the Humans et al fight off the Chaos incursion. So before that happens the players might need to sometimes work together and against each other to bring down the civilized races.

We had a lot of fun and in the end, Kyle won the day. I hope to get a four player game in to see how all four powers work. Khorne looks to be a beast to try and beat.

The next game I would like to try is either Puerto Rico (a build/commerce game) or Snow Tails (a Formula De type dog sled racing game).
    Phil
    Phil
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 97

Post by Phil Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm

I've heard great things about Puerto Rico, I'd be up for playing that sometime
    Phil
    Phil
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 97

Post by Phil Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey Tim,
    I checked on times for tomorrow, my friend gets in earlier then I thought, so we could actually both come play tomorrow, if you have room for two
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:34 pm

It all depends. The initial reason for me heading up to the shop on Thursday is for painting. The games are if/when I get tired of doing that. Otherwise, shouldn't be a problem for you and your friend to play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:02 pm