Cry Havoc Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Havoc Gaming

This is a forum to discuss any happenings at Cry Havoc Gaming. A way for players to communicate with each other and with the store in a fast and easy fashion.

4 posters

Online Flash/Java Games

TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Experience : 757

Online Flash/Java Games Empty Online Flash/Java Games

Post by TimicusPryme Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Late at night and can't find anything to do. Bored of your fancy-smancy Xbox or Playstation (and to a lesser extent Wii and Gameboy/DS). Well, here is a list of free online games that you can play. If you have a suggestion for a fun (family-friendly) flash/java game, post it and I'll add it to the list.

Tactical/Strategy Games

1066 - Presented by England's Channel 4, 1066 is a flash game based on the historical drama about the Vikings push into Briton. This game is perfect for Warhammer and history fans alike. Can be played single/multiplayer. It has a full campaign or fight a single skirmish.

Aliens - A well done adaptation of Leading Edge's out-of-print board game based on the second Alien film. The site is in Spanish but the game is in English. Aliens are real fast and there are never enough bullets.

Dark Throne - A massive muliplayer online text-based adventure. War with other players or create alliances. Choose your race between Undead, Humans, Goblins, and Elfs. [Recommended by Richard]

Crush the Castle - A trajectory game using a trebuchet to take down a series of castles and their occupants.

Crush The Castle Players Pack - A sequel to Crush the Castle featuring player created challenges.Online Flash/Java Games New

Warfare 1944 - Hey! Everyone hates Nazis. Now is your chance to show it. Warfare 1944 is part-RTS and a reverse Tower Defense. Build your troops and send them across enemy lines.

Stick War - Ancient war fought with stick figure warriors. Mine the gold and send your troops out to show those other stick figures what-for.

Tower Defense

Gemcraft - Defeat the Evil Wizard's monster by setting up magic gems in your towers. Spend your mana wisely and raise your level for access to even greater powers.Online Flash/Java Games New

Platformers/Action/Shooters

William And Sly - The title of this game does not do it justice. A platformer that would have been awesome on the Super Nintendo, William and Sly is one of those gems you find at random. The object is the game is to activate the runestones of teleportation as you control Sly the fox. Challenging without being too complex. Best of all, it saves your game automatically so you can come back to play at any time.

Upgrade Complete - The game starts out as an 8-bit shooter. Keep playing to upgrade the game. See if you can complete all the upgrades.

Music/Rhythm Games

Music Catch 2 - Use your mouse to catch the falling shapes to the soothing music. A fun game that challenges you with different modes of play.

Transmigration - An experimental side-scrolling shooter set to a metal/techno fusion song complimented with stunning animation.

Guitar Geek - Browser-based game inspired by the Guitar Hero series. See if you have what it takes to be a genuine Guitar Geek.

Rhythm World - A challenging game set to music. Use your mouse to position the cursor along a ring to catch the rhythm.

Puzzle/Skill Games

Learn To Fly - A cute little trajectory game about a penguin trying to prove to the world that they can indeed fly. See how far you can launch the penguin as you upgrade his equipment and earn achievements.

Mad World - See if you can spot the differences in the mirror images.

Gravitee 2 - Kind of like Miniature Golf in space. Use the gravity of the planets to guide your shot through the hoops and other goals.

Roleplaying Games

Infocom Text Adventures - The good ole days of gaming. Minimal description and and a blinking cursor. Type in "go west" and your grand adventure begins. This is how we played computer games in the early '80s. 18 games from sci-fi to fantasy available, including The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Me vs. Earth - In this top down RPG, you play a monster created by an accident at a scientific lab. Escape before they guards can take you down. Level up and gain new powers.

Sacred Seasons MMORPG - A browser-based Flash Multiplayer RPG. Gain quests, slay monsters and spend the loot. You choose one of 16 available character types based on the Season they are aligned with. I am currently playing a Clown strong in magic gags.Online Flash/Java Games New

Other/Odd Games

The Majesty of Colors - A strange offering in which you play an unnameable horror in this Lovecraft inspired game. Presented with 8-bit graphics see if you can find all 5 endings by being an unspeakable horror or monstrous savior.

The Sand Game- A particle engine that lets you influence the flow of different sands and other substances. The perfect mellow game.

You Have To Burn The Rope - A quick little flash-based adventure game hosted by Kongregate.com. Don't forget to watch the credits.

This Is The Only Level - Help the elephant through the only level in this games, but do it thirty times. For clues on how to pass the level, refer the current levels title. There is a video walkthrough available.

Canabalt - You're running for your life. How far can you escape before IT catches up with you? A simple one-button game.

Achievement Unlocked - This game is in the same vein as This is the only level. Begin the game and see if you can figure out the 100 task/achievements needed to win the game.

Last edited by TimicusPryme on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:59 am; edited 11 times in total
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Online Flash/Java Games Empty Re: Online Flash/Java Games

Post by TimicusPryme Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm

The above list is just for starters. Have a large list of free games to go through, including but not limited to RPGs, Multiplayer/MMOs, and first-person shooters.
    Admin
    Admin
    Lord High Inquisitor
    Lord High Inquisitor

Experience : 305

Post by Admin Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 am

So far I love Aliens and 1066- though 1066 lags on me after a couple of hours.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:43 am

BeingUncleMeansPatience
    The Deaf Guy
    The Deaf Guy
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 27

Post by The Deaf Guy Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 am

the crush the castle game was way fun...till I beat it...Sad

the sand game is great way to loose track of time...sorry about that Stephen...lol
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Added a new game - "You Have To Burn The Rope". It is short but sweet.

Also, the site that hosts the game Kongregate has over 17,000+ free games. If you sign up, you can earn badges/achievements, track friends and more. If you sign up, feel free to add me as a friend. My user name is Timicus.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Added a new game to the Odd Games. It is called This Is The Only Level and is fun way to kill 15 or so minutes. Feel free to post your best time and least deaths here.
    Admin
    Admin
    Lord High Inquisitor
    Lord High Inquisitor

Experience : 305

Post by Admin Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:20 pm

First time through to the finish:
    14:53:67.5 time
    48 deaths
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Patrick wrote:First time through to the finish:
    48 deaths

Much better than me deathwise. My first run through:

11:06:06.7
    98 Deaths

Trying for better score tonight.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Post by TimicusPryme Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 am

Added two new games to the list:

Gravitee 2 - A kind mini-golf in space.

William and Sly - An awesome platformer that I spent two hours playing last night. You get to play as Kelwin (I mean Sly the Fox). Razz
    Battosai
    Battosai
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 103

Post by Battosai Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 am

TimicusPryme wrote:
    Patrick wrote:First time through to the finish:
    48 deaths

Much better than me deathwise. My first run through: