Cry Havoc Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Havoc Gaming

This is a forum to discuss any happenings at Cry Havoc Gaming. A way for players to communicate with each other and with the store in a fast and easy fashion.

5 posters

Round two.....

Unit 2
    Unit 2
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 34

Round two..... Empty Round two.....

Post by Unit 2 Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Welcome back ladies and gents, to yet another exciting fight.

The last round saw Super man thrash Goku in a no holds barred fight to the finish. This time, we examine two more titans enter the ring.

Round two contestants:

In the red corner, an all american golden boy who has been twarting the bad guys since omaha beach, the star spangled poster boy of the avengers, the one and only, Captain America!

In the shadowy black and slightly spooky corner we have vigilante justice personified, the gadget and gizmo toting, street thug whooping, the brooding, the intense the one and only Batman!

Which of these fearsome warriors will claim victory? That's yours to decide!

Variables:

Urban setting no larger than a big city block.

Low visibility, dusk or twilight.

Both are given their full personal gear. ( batmans utility belt and gadgets. Cap gets the shield and his thompson, the .45 fmj rounds have been replaced with non lethal debilitating ammunition.)

No building over five stories tall.

No civilian activity.

READY!?

.....FIGHT!
    Battosai
    Battosai
    Knave!
    Knave!

Experience : 103

Round two..... Empty Re: Round two.....

Post by Battosai Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 am

i say batman hands down Twisted Evil
    Admin
    Admin
    Lord High Inquisitor
    Lord High Inquisitor

Experience : 305

Post by Admin Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:22 pm

I love Capt. America...but Batman has this.

I see the Capt. subdueing Batman, a really rough and tough fight. Than while Capt. America is standing there, Batman wakes, picks his cuffs off, rises in the shadow behind, and decapitates Captain America....Batman does do a fair amount of killing where most other superheroes do not.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Experience : 757

Post by TimicusPryme Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Never really been a fan of Capt. America. Spent a long time frozen in an iceberg. Had a sidekick named Bucky. And aren't he and Ironman (Tony Stark) Nemises now?

The fight would take place in Gotham, and we all now that Batman rules the roost there. I think the Capt. biggest flaw is that he works best in command of a group and in a one in one fight, he loses that support.

I have to go with Batman on this one, although I am pretty sure Bucky might take Robin.

Excelsior... Razz
    Unit 2
    Unit 2
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Unit 2 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 pm

The bat fans have spoken, caps first vote comes from me.

I see this fight going diffrently then most. The bat would eventually attempt to out gadget cap then fight him. Let us keep in mind that Captain Rogers has gone blow for blow with the green one and lived to tell the tale. He preforms at the pinnacle of human performance, which means that he has a physical edge over the bat in cqc. Also, the fight doesn't offer much in cover from his nasty little weapon that the variables gave him. The bat is fast to the normal eye, but cap could bullseye a squirel in the left nut on the move without much difficulty.

I give the fight to the star spangled war hero for superior strength speed and overall ability.
    TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Experience : 757

Post by TimicusPryme Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Yeah, but all of the Capt. powers (well, most of them) come from the Super Serum. And if early 90s Capcom arcade have taught me anything it is "Winner's don't do drugs"*. A little snarky but Batman did defeat another drug-addled foe in Bane (ignores broken back resulting from first encounter).

*For anyone not old enough to remember, some arcade games would display a message from a government official saying "Winner's don't do drugs" I guess it was the hip version of the old "Say NO to Drugs" campaign of the 80s.
    shnookems
    shnookems
    Sergeant at Arms
    Sergeant at Arms

Experience : 95

Post by shnookems Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

ok ok ok, her i am to tell the tale of comic land to the weeee little gamers. lol, jk

ok so guess what, this fight was always one of my favs in the comic world. annnnnnnnd they produced the comic for all to read.
    it was in the dc vs marvel series. first one printed. now lets look at the stats and i can answer some of the stuff asked and stated above.

first of all cap doesn't really have powers per say, he took the super soilder serum that brought him up to the highest potential a human can get to, minus the workout to get there. he has incredibly high agility and accuracy, the only edge i see he has is the adimantium shield he carries.

Batman is very close to the red white and blue boy in physical ability, but got there fueled by the ole' my parents died in front of me thing. he has a higher fighting ability but in actuality is a bit slower than cap. his array of gadgets in his utility belt give him the ability to be ready for any thing( he even carries a sliver of kryptonite in there....sheeeesh).

both have faced foes which out muscled, out witted and out clessed them and either survived or even pulled out a victory. the biggest thing these two bring to the field is their will to survive and win.

As it went, the fight in the comic was pretty well done if not a bit short for my taste. both faught well. but in the end, Batman did pull out the win. he has one thing over cap, batman will kill if he feels the need is great enough. cap will not.
    that instinct that goes just a bit further is what gave the edge to batman. though niehter died and in the end batman saved caps life.

nuff said...
    shnookems
    shnookems
    Sergeant at Arms
    Sergeant at Arms

Experience : 95

Post by shnookems Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 pm

oh and tim, for a period of time, iron man and cap were on the opposite side of the marvel civil war series...the government decided to reinact the super powered person registration act. for all heroes to take the mask off for all to see and give the government a full list of theier abilities and skills. Iron man thought this to be a good idea and poster boyed the act.

cap felt this went against peoples rights and was against it to the point of fighting for the rights. captian america of all people was even wanted for a period of time.

but it ended in a massive fight between the two through the street of new york. iron man made cap see the damage he was doing. and ole, cap surrendered, only to be killed by the red skull while being held captive...sad really...
    Unit 2
    Unit 2
    Knave!
    Knave!

Post by Unit 2 Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Well sports fans, there you have it. The bat rises again to victory before stalking off into the night.

Stay tuned for round three!

(Any suggestions, feel free to send 'em in))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:53 am