Cry Havoc Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Havoc Gaming

This is a forum to discuss any happenings at Cry Havoc Gaming. A way for players to communicate with each other and with the store in a fast and easy fashion.

I Love Bees!!! Halo Lore

TimicusPryme
    TimicusPryme
    Noble
    Noble

Experience : 757

I Love Bees!!! Halo Lore Empty I Love Bees!!! Halo Lore

Post by TimicusPryme Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am

For you Halo fans out there. If you are a more recent player of the series or may have just missed it when Halo 2 was released for the original Xbox, there was a viral campaign based around the website "I Love Bees!"

The link, when clicked on, opened up to a site about beekeeping. After a few moments another window would load on top as if a system error occurred. There were three links you could click. One, called Mission Logs, opened up a series of .wav files that were purportedly recorded conversations by an unknown source.

Another is a list of credits for the site. And the last were recordings of the phone portions of the viral campaign. For more info on the viral campaign check Wikipedia about the topic I Love Bees!

But for those players that enjoyed the story of the Halo series the .wav files are disjointed conversations that lead up to the Covenant invasion of the Earth. It also hints to the origin of A.I.s and Cortana. It is best listened to while doing something else (typing, painting, cleaning) and totals a couple of hours. But, I assure you, if you are a Halo fan, it is worth it for the bit of story most people missed.

I Love Bees!